How it Works: (Includes a short overview)
This fundraiser gives your supporters the opportunity to donate to your organization based on individuals participating in a Car Wash initiative.
Car Wash events give your group the opportunity to raise money while having a great time doing it. Here are some tips to maximize your results:
1. Plan the date of the event at least a month or more ahead. Give your volunteers enough notice so they can plan on being there.
2. Sign up volunteers ahead of time, if appropriate have shifts. Have as many people working as possible. The more people, the more cars can be washed. This attracts even more customers.
3. Choose a location that is on a main street, easy to get to, and so people can see you washing cars from the street. Make sure there is an outside faucet and your hoses will reach. Fast food restaurants and grocery store parking lots are usually good bets. Contact the manager at the location to set up your car wash date.
4. Set up a drive through lane. People will drive their cars in a lane and then pull up when it’s their turn and the car is washed. Then they can pull over to another area for the volunteers to dry the car. This makes the process faster. Have someone directing cars where to park, and have two lanes if possible.
5. What to bring on the big day: liquid soap, buckets, brushes, sponges, lots of towels, hoses with spray nozzles, signs, a bucket for donations. Instead of buying all your supplies, request donations from the members of your group. This will allow other people in the organization to help who would not otherwise be able to participate. (And your event makes more profit.)
6. Our Car Wash template is set up already with pre-configured services and prices for those services but feel free to edit the pricing, services, and more.
8. Let people know what you are raising money for. Just so people know that the donation is for a “good cause” will encourage them to help.
9. Using TeamWorks, your group can sell tickets in advance with your customized fundraising webpage and make even more money. Supporters can purchase the type of car wash they would like in advance and they will receive a voucher via email for the services they purchased. Establish a date for a rain out.
Here’s how to get started:
Select this fundraiser and provide some basic information. If you would like to track your progress by sub-groups, like affiliation, age, gender, etc., you can easily do this during your set-up. Your participants will then register for that particular group and you’re ready to start.
Customize your Fundraising Webpage
This fundraiser is ready to go as we’ve created it, but we encourage you to customize your webpage with photos, video, a message to supporters and more. This site allows your supporters to donate to your Car Wash online and avoid managing cash and checks.
Promoting your Fundraiser
TeamWorks provides all of the tools needed to run a highly effective fundraiser. Your participants can share their site using our built-in integrations to Facebook, email, and more. All monies raised from each participant’s site will be attributed to the appropriate person and group.
Clean those cars!
This fundraiser is based on your members / participants washing cars in your community. Work with a local quick serve location or other high traffic area to hold your event. You will create signs and direct traffic to your car wash during your event but you also have the opportunity to “sell” car wash tickets in advance of the actual car wash. Each of your members should be required to register for this fundraiser using TeamWorks and share your fundraising webpage with potential supporters who can donate to your car wash online. You can modify our car wash template based on the services you will offer and requested amounts for those services. This template has been created with car wash services and corresponding amounts but feel free to modify this template for your car wash. Your fundraising webpage allows you to capture donations for car washes in advance of your actual car wash and those supporters who donate online will be sent a voucher that can be redeemed during the car wash.
This is a fun and successful fundraiser for your organization and it helps to build awareness within your community. The TeamWorks solution allows you to track progress as an organization and for individual participants. Offer incentives for fundraising performance and use TeamWorks to help you track their performance against their goals. We will be sending you periodic emails to offer advice and our Fundraising Coaches are always ready to help you with any questions that you have.